At some point in our lives, we may experience a decline in our mental faculties. Problems associated with memory, mental sharpness, and focus can hit anyone as early as 30 years old.
This is why people are trying to keep their brain’s cognitive functions as sharp as possible by natural means and by taking nootropics, which are brain enhancing supplements. Let us find out in this Nerva Core review if this brain booster is really true to its manufacturer’s claims.
Let us also discuss the information about the ingredients, possible side effects, and few customer reviews if this product really helps you to increase your cognitive potential.
What Is NervaCore?
NervaCORE by CEL Nutrition is a powerful nootropic supplement. It is specially formulated to increase energy, focus, and improve memory. CEL Nutrition’s NervaCore is said to enhance our cognitive abilities and make life better. It is said to contain the essential vitamins, amino acids, and minerals to promote optimum mental functioning.
CEL Nutrition was started in 2015. The company aims to deliver natural products to help consumers perform at their optimum level on a daily basis. They ensure that their customer’s service is well provided with their first product NervaCore.
The major benefits of taking this brain supplement are:
- Increase cognitive abilities and overall mental performance
- Heighten and maintain focus
- Boost your energy up to 8 hours
Though primarily formulated to improve brain function, this dietary supplement is also used as a pre-workout regimen. It is also perfect for people who are physically active such as athletes, gym goers, and sports enthusiasts.
Here’s what the product’s label look like:
NervaCore Ingredients and How They Work
The NervaCore has some great nutrients and that includes:
- L-Tyrosine – it is one of the most important amino acids, which is used in the synthesis of structural proteins.
- Vinpocetine – is used for preventing and reducing the chance of disability and death from ischemic stroke.
The NervaCore Proprietary Blend is a mixture of numerous ingredients that are given to the consumers in one dosage, but you don’t know the exact nutrients in the blend.
- Paullinia Cupana – its seeds are used in traditional medicine and supplemented for its stimulatory properties because of its high caffeine content.
- L-Tyrosine – boosts mental alertness. It acts as a precursor for the norepinephrine, epinephrine, and dopamine neurotransmitters elevating brain functions such as memory recall and alertness.
- L-Taurine – boosts cognitive function.
- Alpha GPC /Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine – helps in the synthesis of acetylcholine in the brain and thus boosting levels of concentration and speed of learning.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine – inhibits the breakdown of acetylcholine to boost the levels of acetylcholine. It boosts the speed of learning, memory recall and focus.
- Huperzine A: Boosts acetylcholine levels by preventing the activity of enzymes responsible for its breakdown.
- BioPerine Black Pepper Extract – 5mg: Maximize nutrients absorption.
Like other dietary supplements online, NervaCore works by utilizing its formula. This product primarily contains:
- Niacinamide – 10mg: Increases the burning of carbohydrates into energy. It offers the relief of anxiety and stress. Its vasodilator properties help increase circulation and boost oxygen and glucose levels for energy production.
- Vitamin B6 / Pyridoxine HCL – 30mg: Helps with boosting the production of the serotonin, norepinephrine, GABA and epinephrine neurotransmitters which helps with elevating your moods and controlling sleeping patterns. It helps synthesis of DNA which promotes the better functioning of the nervous system.
- Folic Acid: Increases the breakdown of proteins and carbohydrates to boost energy production. Increase synthesis of DNA and RNA. Increase memory recall.
- Vitamin B12 / Methylcobalamin – 500mcg: Helps increase memory concentration and elevate moods.
- Pantothenic Acid / Calcium Pantothenate – 20mg: Boosts energy levels to boost brain activity.
NervaCore is filled with natural and all-natural enhancing ingredients that will help the users improve their mental health, but most of them are hidden in a proprietary blend.
A proprietary blend is a mixture of various ingredients that are placed in one dosage, so you will never know the exact quantity of individual nutrient that mix in the blend. Its Proprietary Neural Complex is dosed at 1,160mg per servings.
Based on what is on the ingredients panel, NervaCore is mostly safe from side effects except the two that could cause some problems.
- Paullinia Cupana
These two ingredients are mixed in with caffeine in CEL nutrition’s proprietary blend. “As it’s in the blend, you will never know the exact measurement inside that may cause you more at risk of experiencing side effects.”
“As for that propriety blend of mystery ingredients, the only thing we were able to find out was that it is a mix of 7 nootropic compounds. As to what those compounds are, we aren’t sure.
We recommend that you look for a nootropic supplement that doesn’t contain any proprietary blends, so you will know exactly what nutrients you are getting without the risk of side effects.
Some online customer review reported “I really love NervaCore. I’ve been taking it in the morning for a noticeable boost in brain power and energy.”
In supplement world, side effects are rare if they are administered properly. But since for this product, there are few ingredients that are hidden, we can’t help but think that it might be possible for the side effects. So we suggest you consult an expert first so you know what you’re getting yourself into.
The formula of NervaCore has very high levels of caffeine that is not shown in the ingredients list. Caffeine is a stimulant and some feedback says that it can cause a list of side effects.
In our opinion, NervaCore is simply a caffeine pill with some vitamins thrown in. The manufacturer did not indicate the product information of the caffeine content—which is a serious matter— especially as the supplement exceeds by far the 300 mg maximum daily recommended dose.
NervaCore is also sold on Amazon and has lots of customer reviews, though they are not all independent and impartial.
Many reviews say that people avoid caffeine for health reasons and should be warned of the high levels in NervaCore.
Instead, we recommend a product that not only works but gets solid 5 star reviews across the board.
Nerva Core Pros and Cons
Pros of NervaCore:
- Increased retention of information
- Offers stress and anxiety relief
- Boost concentration
- Boost in alertness
- Better health of brain, immunity
- Increased focus
- Better learning capacity
- Increased memory recall
- Boost of energy levels
- Increased motivation
Cons of NervaCore:
- They have an exclusive blend which hides the clear dosages of each ingredient.
- Limited effect
Where to Purchase Nerva Core
NervaCore can be bought online either through their official website or through any third party online retailers like Amazon. But for recommendations, I suggest you buy the product at their official website for security purposes.
Based on the limited effectiveness of NervaCore’s ingredients— and most are contained an unknown proprietary blend, we recommend you to consult first with your physician about your memory problems instead of immediately placing an order. The information is also misleading when it comes to vitamin B.
Many nootropics interact differently from one person to another, which is why a subjective to a personal testing can be an effective tool for optimized cognitive enhancement.
We suggest that you look for a nootropic that does not have any proprietary blends so you know exactly what you’re getting without the risk of side effects. Even if it’s rare, it is still possible to find such with very minimal side effects.
Ingredients – A Bit Misleading
The manufacturer of NervaCore also claims that their product contains Vitamin B Complex. But the truth is: NervaCore only contains 5 of the 9 components of Vitamin B complex.
- Paullinia Cupana – Its seeds are used in traditional medicine and supplemented for its stimulatory properties because of its high caffeine content.
- Folic Acid – This is a man – made form of a B vitamin called folate which plays an important role in the production of red blood cells and also helps our nervous system.
What is it supposed to do?
It increases the breakdown of proteins and carbohydrates to boost energy production. Increase synthesis of DNA and RNA. Increase memory recall.
Studies show that folic acid is needed for the proper development of the human body. It is involved in producing the genetic material called DNA and in numerous bodily functions.
Jitters – It is an awkward feeling of nervousness stretching throughout your entire body.
Causes: The causes of jitters are most likely side effects caused by the combination of ingredients that the product may contain.
High blood pressure – This is the rate wherein it is higher than the average blood pressure that can potentially result in a life – threatening scenarios.
Causes: This can either be genetic or might as well another effect caused by one or more ingredients found in the product but is on rarer occasions.
Dizziness – When you feel unsteady, weak, woozy or even faint, it might be a dizzy spell.
Causes: It may be caused by simply standing too fast or something much more serious. It can also be a symptom of many health issues and a side effect of some medications and supplement.
Nausea – A discomfort felt in the abdomen making you feel like you may vomit. It is a queasy feeling that causes a large amount of discomfort.
Causes: This may be caused by medications and supplements if your body is having a negative reaction or it may also be caused by head injuries, such as a concussion.
What are the precautions to the use of the CEL Nutrition NervaCORE?
Do not use the supplement without prior consultation in the case you have a medical condition, are under prescription drugs, are under the age of 18 and are either a pregnant or lactating mother. Keep in a cool dry place and keep away from the reach of children.
What are the benefits of taking NervaCore?
We've had positive feedback from customers reporting enhanced energy, drive, cognition, focus, and social acuity while taking NervaCORE as part of a daily supplement regiment.
Consume 1 – 2 capsules daily, preferably with a light meal. Take 30 minutes
prior to a mental or physical activity. Take consistently for optimal effect, but take 2 days
off per week to prevent tolerance. Do not exceed 4 capsules within a single 24 hour period.