When it comes to sculpting the body that you’ve always wanted, getting rid of excess water weight is definitely a priority. Besides giving you a rather pudgy appearance, having surplus water weight on also keeps you from achieving the muscle cuts and definitions that you’re aiming for in your bodybuilding checklist.
One fat burner that claims to help you get rid of extra weight is Atro-Phex and we will find out shortly if it can really do this by subjecting this fat burner to a meticulous review…
What is Atro-Phex?
Manufactured by BSN, Atro-Phex is primarily designed to target the 4 key drivers of weight loss, namely revving up your metabolism, enhancing your body’s ability to naturally burn off fat, taking your energy levels up a notch as well as staving off unnecessary food cravings that can promote the buildup of flab sooner or later.
Additionally, Atro-Phex is formulated to keep the water weight stored by the system as minimal as possible without negatively affecting your hydration levels in any way. This fat burner is also loaded with mood and mental performance optimizers so you won’t feel even the least unmotivated during your toughest workouts.
The Ingredients in Atro-Phex
Every Atro-Phex pill contains a diverse combination of natural and synthesized ingredients that makes it a metabolism and energy booster, water weight retention reducer, cognitive function enhancer as well as mood and mental performance optimizer all in one smooth package. Here’s a preview of what you’re loading up on when you use Atro-Phex:
While it’s impossible to verify each ingredient used to make Atro-Phex, especially those that comprise its “proprietary blend,” let’s take a closer look at the key components that were utilized to put this fat burner together:
- DL-Phenylalanine – Although not an essential amino acid, DL-Phenylalanine is still seen to play a very important role in the overall function of the body, specifically in terms of keeping the mood and mental focus up to par. Besides helping prevent a surge of stress hormones after engaging in strenuous activities, DL-Phenylalanine also staves off the feeling of being unmotivated after the same. This type of amino acid is also used to combat attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and depression.
- Juniperus Communis Extract – Used for decades in several regions of Europe and Tibet as an all-cure, especially as a natural disinfectant and rheumatism remedy, modern scientific studies show that Juniperus Communis Extract is packed with natural compounds that not only help bolster the spirits in challenging situations, but also keep overeating at bay. Juniperus Communis Extract is actually one of the components scrutinized by medical experts as a promising cure to obesity.
- Dicana – While Dicana is still not as prominent compared to other ingredients commonly used in fat burners and weight loss supplements, clinical runs show that it is very powerful in terms of raising the basal and resting metabolic rate of the body as well as intensifying core temperature to blast away fat without affecting muscle tissues in the process. Dicana is also seen to help reduce water weight retention in the body.
- Cinnulin PF (Aqueous Cinnamon Extract) – Having healthy blood glucose levels is one way of enhancing the body’s metabolic rate. Results of medical studies show that the more optimized blood glucose levels are in the system, the easier it is for muscle tissues to develop. And the more muscle tissues are in your body, the faster it can burn off fat and calories even when it is at rest. This is the effect of Cinnulin PF (Aqueous Cinnamon Extract) in the body. As a bonus, healthy blood glucose levels can also help keep cravings for refined sugars that can spike up your vulnerability to obesity in the long run. Cinnulin PF (Aqueous Cinnamon Extract) has positive effects to keeping you going for a long time during times of rigorous physical exertion as well.
- Bioperine – Your body’s thermogenesis can easily make or break the pace fat is broken down in your system. Derived from the piper nigrum plant or commonly known as black pepper, bioperine has the ability to intensify thermogenesis so more fat is going to be eliminated in a shorter period of time. Interestingly, bioperine also helps optimize the flow of oxygen to the tissues so you won’t find yourself easily losing steam even during the most challenging of workouts.
Benefits of Atro-Phex
- Helps maintain your mood and mental focus ideal
- Prevents you from feeling unmotivated
- Staves off overeating and curbs cravings for refined sugars
- Intensifies the metabolic rate
- Optimizes the flow of oxygen to the tissues
According to its manufacturers, there are three (3) different ways of using Atro-Phex depending on how fast and intense you want to achieve your fat loss goals. The first one is the “Novice Usage” where you take a single pill twice daily. Second is the “Accelerated Usage” where you bump up your dosage to two pills twice a day. Third is the “Extreme Usage” where you take four pills, twice daily.
- Do not use more than eight (8) Atro-Phex pills in a 24-hour period.
- Do not increase your dosage of Atro-Phex haphazardly. Make sure you assess your tolerance first.
Atro-Phex Side Effects
Based on other sites and bodybuilding forums I’ve come across while researching for this in-depth review, I learned that Atro-Phex can cause rashes, bouts of headache and nausea, excessive sweating, gassiness, bloating as well as repeated burping.
While Atro-Phex is touted by BSN as one of the most powerful fat burners that you can get your hands on, the testimonials I’ve stumbled upon are not that positive. Here’s a quick look at what people who have tried it are saying about the stuff:
“I took this for two days and actually felt hungrier. Actually I felt like I could not eat enough.”
“I wouldn't recommend any diet pill that can be marked as causing jitteriness and excitability. This is one of them.”
“Sadly, this product just did not seem to deliver”
“This product is sort of expensive for something that just makes you sweat and urinate all the time.”
“I was very disappointed with this product and considering what it cost I had some expectations.”
Based on the things that people who have already tried taking Atro-Phex are saying, this fat burner sounds like it is more hype than actual delivery. And with a price tag that is quite steep (you need to dish out $64.99 for 98 capsules), I think you can pass up on this one if you’re looking to get the most bang out of your buck with every pill you take.